Thirteen Haiku and Tanka (#vss365 Prompts from Twitter/X

A collection of haiku and tanka using word prompts from "#vss365" om Twitter/X. Prompt words are marked with a #.


I.

A majestic bird
she unfurls her wings in flight

#proud
and without fear.


II.

I don't have #remorse
over what I can't control
and no misplaced guilt
loaded onto my shoulders
I'm not my sister's keeper.


III.

A cheeky response
brings smiles and rueful laughter
or a stony glare
depends on the audience
and on their lack of humour.


IV.

#suspicious actions
deflections are
#successful
all thanks to privilege.


V.

They are #astonished
that not everyone believes
the same as they do.


VI.

#Motivated by
the pure goodness of your heart?
Is there such a thing?


VII.

Hasty solution
completely
#rushed and bodged up
and yet it still works!


VIII.

I am #overwhelmed
by my body's odd workings
and I wonder why
it won't just work normally
just like everyone else's?


IX.

I love the Islands
they're warm and hospitable
saying "
#aloha" as long
as you respect the
sanctity of the people.


X.

Pact with a demon:
grant your servant just one
#boon
smite my enemies.



XI.

A good party is
#enlivened with such good talk
and with good cuisine
soft music in the background
and much genuine laughter.


XII.

Original sin:
and everybody has it
from the beginning
a
#connate trait from mankind
any hope for redemption?


XIII.

#Boffo performance
critics rave about pathos
it touches their hearts
and brings the tears to their eyes
stellar interpretation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Keeper of the Estate (Story in Eight Stanzas, Tanka Style)

Poem: Life in the Shadows

Poem: Bastille Day (le 14 juillet)