Poem: 20 Haiku and Tanka

All prompts from #vss365 on Twitter. Prompt words are marked with #.

 I.

Don't release the hounds.
All of them are out for blood.
#slaughter everyone.

II.

Meet in a tavern
the barkeep's cellar has rats
one #quest to start all.


III.

Mother's lullaby
she sings the baby to sleep
the world just listens.

IV.

A #misty morning
campsite is peaceful, quiet
Nature is at peace.

V.

The #little insults
all pile up in a short while
so I turn and leave.
and you still can't understand
just why I can't take a 'joke'.

VI.

When I was a child
I watched an #orchestra play
Wanted to be there
and now I watch my daughter
proudly from the audience.

VII.

Her very #dry humor
might not be to your liking
it's an acquired taste.

VIII.

They say #idle hands
are sure to cause wicked souls
so keep them busy
so they do not have the time
to even think of mischief.

IX.

Take me to #dinner
good food and good company
at home or just out
I just want to be with you
and for you to be present.

X.

Just get in the #car
and just drive to the unknown
and open your heart.

XI.

First meal of the day
wide variety of food
but simple #breakfast

XII.

Childhood feeling #bad
Everything I did was wrong
unless She approved
to make Her look good
in Her tight social circle.

XIV.

Something in the #air
that screams I am in danger
I've learned to trust it.

XV.

Looking at the score:
jump directly to the end
and play the #coda.

XVI:

Music, my #refuge
I lose myself in the notes
Away from it all
just me and my instrument
and no one is involved.

XVII.

Souls have #resonance
agreeable vibrations
we can be in tune.

XVIII.

Music grows so loud
rises to a #cresecendo
lifts all to Heaven.

XIX.

I’m hearing a #hiss
very close in the darkness
is that a demon?
am I in a horror tale?
whispers are so very close.

XX.

You don't have to #change
in your mind the world stays still
you are left behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Keeper of the Estate (Story in Eight Stanzas, Tanka Style)

Poem: Life in the Shadows

Poem: Bastille Day (le 14 juillet)