Poem: What do I Write About Today?

Head empty
stuffed full of fog
coffee hasn't kicked in
to clear the cobwebs
what do I write about?
What words of wisdom
or what wave of emotion
do I have today?

Unfortunately
I'm not sure if
I have any today.
A very long week
a very long morning
my brain can't focus.
And the hours pass
from breakfast to lunch.

Ignoring the stats
tired of the algorithm
how many people
actually read my words?
More than I think
but when I can't be witty
or find the expressions
to express my heart and soul.

So today I just let
my fingers find the keyboard
my muse spill her thoughts
as it flashes across my eyes
raw and unfettered
no chains to bind
what comes to mind
as it translates into worlds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Keeper of the Estate (Story in Eight Stanzas, Tanka Style)

Poem: Life in the Shadows

Poem: Bastille Day (le 14 juillet)