Poem: Hold Hostage

 I typed this whole poem while being on hold for 30 minutes (and counting) with a drug comany regarding a prescription. I typed all this one-handed at my desk while holding my cell phone in the other hand.


"Currently, your call is
very important to us
Please hold for the next
representative."

Twenty minutes gone
the same piano minuet
over and over.
Even Chopin had variations.

Typing one handed
who says I can't
multitask?
Life can't stop for this.

Trying to renew a prescription
One necessary for quality
of life.
Can't call back later.

"Don't call us, we'll call you."
One person doesn't remember
just what the previous one
had promised.

But taken hostage
by the ones who
hold life and death in their hands:
no, not the doctors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Rework and Cross Posting

Holiday Happenings (Sifa's Real Life)

Poem: Contrapuntal