Poem: Karma is a Harsh Mistress

Desperately clinging to Light
as it fades through my fingers.
Seeking joy
where it once was
and finding cold ashes.

This is uncharted territory
The cycle reached its peak
and with the laws of Nature
that peak falls off
into a wintery low.

The trick is riding the flow
until the circle reaches momentum
to rise once more
like the Phoenix from the pyre
to soar once again.

But what happens
when the soul is too tired
to wait, to fight, to strive
however long it takes
it decides to turn?

Is Karma a harsh mistress?
Is Fate a capricious master?
The Cycle can be brutal
the same disappointment
over and over again.

I cannot do this alone
but I stand there at the precipice
Can I break the circle?
Or will I just
restart it from the very beginning?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Rework and Cross Posting

Holiday Happenings (Sifa's Real Life)

Poem: Contrapuntal