Holiday Happenings (Sifa's Real Life)

I took a break from the usual writing schedule over the Easter holidays. Kiddos had Good Friday through today off and will return to school tomorrow. Plenty of goodies, including chocolate bunnies and marshmallow Peeps and a turkey dinner. I'm seeing a lot of turkey sandwiches in my immediate future.


It was nice to relax and be able to catch up with things. We went out to the park for the first time this season, since the weather was actually warm enough to do it. It's about a 15 minute drive just down the road from our new house. The usual Greenway was temporarily closed, but there are still many walking trails in Reedy Creek Park. We took a short walk to the lake near the playground. The kids were able to get fresh air and sunshine and actually enjoy being outside. Slowly but surely, we'll take longer and longer walks. I need to build up my stamina for it.


Of course, Reedy Creek was quite popular, with hikers, picnickers and kids at the playground and the basketball courts. Reedy Creek has a nature center and nature preserve, which has always been a good place to visit over the spring/summer. It's a shorter drive to get there now, which makes it a lot easier to get to than before.


I did some sketching over the weekend, just rough ideas that may or may not turn into more. I guess we'll see. It was just nice to take a break from the routine, but tomorrow, I'll be back with more poetry and writing shenanigans.


Till then,
~Sifa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Rework and Cross Posting

Poem: Contrapuntal