Blog Rework and Cross Posting

    It's been a while, but I'm reviving this writing blog. I've been posting on Wordpress for about a year now, but with this recent news about how both Wordpress and Tumblr plan to sell content to AI companies, I'm going to gradually migrate all of my writing back here to Blogger. I've changed my settings on WP to prevent third parties from accessing my writing, but better safe than sorry.

    I've heard stories from other authors about AIs using their work to 'train' their programs like Chat GPT. As a former teacher, I've read my colleagues' complaints about their students using AI for assignments, despite being told not to use it. The news about WP is disheartening, to say the least.

    The debate over AI extends to art, and I constantly hear about how other artists' work is used for these programs, usually without the artists' permission. As a result, I've also been more reluctant to post my art publicly, even with protection programs such as Glaze and Nightshade.

    In any case, I will be cleaning up the blog here for the next several days. Giving it a brand new coat of paint, if you will. Cleaning up web links and sprucing up the place. I'll be migrating some of my poetry and other writing here. I'm planning on eventually coming back here on Blogger, but I have some reorganizing and restructuring to do.

    Keep an eye on this blog for new updates in the coming days! I'll be sharing new ideas and projects that I'm working on.

Catch you on the flipside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Happenings (Sifa's Real Life)

Poem: Contrapuntal