More Haiku and Tanka (#vss365 prompts on Twitter)

 More #vss365 responses in haiku and tanka. Prompt words are marked with #


#greed not just for funds
time, affection, attention
it's never enough


#rats scurry around
wondering at the wide wide world
through their simple eyes.


Today I ran my
fingers along the edge
of the kitchen knife.
I had to come face to face
with all possibilities.


What am I to you?
#Chopped liver, fancy but bad?
Parade me around
serve me on silver platters,
but you can't live without me.


Colors on my #brush
pastels, the color of spring
sunny storms abound.


A contradiction:
approval is so #fluid
one day it is good
the next, according to whim
withdrawn because of reasons.


So day after day
I #muster the energy
to face all of it.


Old wise matriarch
she always kept the peace
and held it together
the #glue who oversaw all
that fell apart at her loss.


The leading questions
#probing for what I do know
what you keep hidden.


#Cathartic feeling
when someone confirms to you
that you aren't nuts
that your childhood wasn't
typical of the others.


A small #speck of dust
disturbed by a careless hand
clues to a murder.


#Wheezing next to me
as I listen to him snore:
it's no longer cute.


The sound of coffee
#percolates drip by slow drip
it keeps me awake.


Dance the Highland #Fling
and throw your cares to the wind
the sound of the pipes.


So much explaining
#cacophony of sound and
your self righteousness.


Thorns wrap around
they #slither around my heart
piercing and bleeding.


Under the street #lamp
the fog and rain coming down
under her window.


#captain of a ship
traversing the #desert of
a time so long past.


Sun rises this morning
I stand in the first #light's rays
on this newborn day.


#iron in the blood
it's underestimated
this good energy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Rework and Cross Posting

Holiday Happenings (Sifa's Real Life)

Poem: Contrapuntal