Thursday, June 27, 2013

Intro: A New Hub of Blogs or AKA "Another One?!"

This actually isn't a new blog. This was the address for my art gallery 'An Eighth Shot of Espresso." That one is now here: http://8thespressoart.blogspot.com/ I'll still post my art there, but this blog will consist of mostly creative posts and other projects during my 'third shift' of being a creative mum.

My kids are now home for summer vacation, so it's even more of a challenge to squeeze in time for painting or drawing. Lately, I've employed the 'if you can't do it, let 'em join you' idea. My two girls are thrilled to have their own watercolor paints from the dollar store. Christina, who is autistic, goes crazy over her finger paints. She has sensory issues and often ends up playing with water in the sink (or places where it really isn't a good idea, like the bathroom). With the finger paints, she can enjoy the feel of it on her hands and fingers and IT'S OKAY. :-D

I'll post the occasional masterpiece from the girls on this blog, and any creative sparks, ideas and excerpts here.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment